1. General Information
The TERMINET Open Call was launched on 1st of August 2022 and the submission deadline is extended from 10th of Feb. 2023 to 31st of Mar. 2023.
The TERMINET Open Call focuses on the following four topics:
- TOPIC 1 – Service deployment across the edge computing and Internet of Things (IoT) nodes and Software Defined Networking (SDN) control enablement, for validation over the TERMINET architecture and use cases;
- TOPIC 2 – Security by design models, e.g., lightweight crypto schemes and authentication frameworks designed for mobile IoT devices and edge nodes;
- TOPIC 3 – Security and Privacy via blockchain technologies and new generation of Ricardian Smart Contracts;
- TOPIC 4 – Federated models and machine learning algorithms coming from different domains than those involved in TERMINET for testing, validating, and demonstrating their performance in the TERMINET use case.
Each topic has a dedicated Patron, member organisation of the TERMINET consortium.
- Patron for TOPIC 1: GIOUMPITEK MELETI SCHEDIASMOS YLOPOIISI KAI POLISI ERGON PLIROFORIKIS ETAIREIA PERIORISMENIS EFTHYNIS (UBITECH)
- Patron for TOPIC 2: ERICSSON TELECOMUNICAZIONI SPA (TEI)
- Patron for TOPIC 3: ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS (CERTH)
- Patron for TOPIC 4: PANEPISTIMIO DYTIKIS MAKEDONIAS (UOWM)
The Patron is responsible for providing support and monitoring of the actions deployed during the execution of the project.
TERMINET will fund either sole LEGAL entities (SMEs, Industrial Firms, Universities, and Research Centres), or consortia consisting of up to four of the aforementioned LEGAL entities. Proposers must be eligible for funding in H2020 projects.
Yes, a consortium of up to 4 beneficiaries can submit a proposal. In case the proposal is selected for funding, they will become a third party receiving financial support.
The total available budget is EUR 400,000.00, including VAT subject to Greek law regulations.
For each proposal a budget of EUR 100,000.00 is made available. The target is to fund one project proposal per topic, four in total.
The successful applicants will be funded as follows:
- PREPAYMENT – 40% after signature of the Subgrant-Agreement
- INTERIM PAYMENT – 45% after the mid-term of the project
- FINAL PAYMENT – 15% after submission and acceptance of the final code and final report, and their approval by the TERMINET OCPC
The maximum requested funding for a project in this Call is set at EUR 100,000.00, including VAT of 24%. Thus, the available budget after VAT will be EUR 100,000.00 / 1.24 = EUR 80,645.16. As a result, the EUR 80,645.16 is the net amount of money for the work that will be done, while the rest EUR 19,354.84 is the VAT amount.
Costs consist of direct costs (such as personnel costs, travel, consumables, etc.) and indirect costs. The costs of a third party have to comply with the rules and the principles mentioned in Chapter 3, Article 6.1 (Eligible and ineligible costs) of the H2020 Annotated Model Grant Agreement (AGA) (see https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/grants_manual/amga/h2020- amga_en.pdf ).
The budget includes 25% indirect costs and 75% funding. For example, for an indicative total budget of a proposal of EUR 100,000.00, the 25% indirect costs (for all direct costs except subcontracting) is equal to EUR 25,000.00, while the 75% funding (direct and indirect costs) corresponds to EUR 75,000.00.
2. Application information
Before submitting the proposal please download and read carefully the provided templates through the link below:
To submit a proposal, the applicant(s) must first register through TERMINET online form:
Upon submitting the registration form, by pressing the button ‘Submit’, an email will be sent to the registered email address including detailed instructions on submitting the written proposal in pdf format.
English is the official language for the TERMINET Open Call. Submissions done in any other language will not be evaluated. English is also the only official language during the whole execution of the TERMINET Open Call projects. This means any requested submission of deliverable will be done in English in order to be eligible.
An applicant may submit multiple proposals. However, in this case, the specific applicant can only be selected for funding for one proposal, even if they have submitted multiple proposals that are ranked high enough to be selected for funding. In the latter case, the proposing applicant may be given the opportunity to choose the one to be retained for funding.
An applicant has to send a) the proposal in PDF format and b) the Declaration on Honour as attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
You may find the proposal templates here: https://terminet-h2020.eu/open-call-templates/
All proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- EXCELLENCE will evaluate:
- Soundness of the approach
- Cross-border and cross-value chain approach
- Build on use cases of TERMINET
- IMPACT will analyse:
- Market opportunity
- Commercial strategy
- Contribution to standardization.
- IMPLEMENTATION will consider:
Proposals will be evaluated by two independent and confidential evaluators with wide expertise in IoT. Each evaluator will rank the applications by assigning a score from 0 to 5 for each criterion. The minimum score for each individual criterion will be 3. The final score will be calculated as the sum of the individual assessments provided by the evaluators.
Ties in the evaluation scores will be solved using the following criteria, in order:
- Impact score
- Team score
- Date of submission: earlier submitted proposals precede.
Within three (3) working days of receiving a rejection letter and the corresponding Evaluation Summary Report, an applicant may submit a request for redress if they believe the results of the eligibility checks have not been correctly applied, or if they feel that there has been a shortcoming in the way their proposal has been evaluated that may has affected the final decision on whether to be selected or not. Please refer to “Guide for Applicants” for more details.
If an applicant discovers an error in their submitted proposal, and provided that the call deadline has not passed, the applicant may request its proposal to be withdrawn so that they may re-submit it (for this purpose please contact us at email@example.com ).
However, the TERMINET OCPC is not committed that the submitted proposal will be withdrawn in time in case the request for resubmission is not received by the OCPC at least 48 hours before the call deadline.
Legal Existence Information Form
- VAT registration providing document
- Suitability to implement the relevant sub-project
- Bank Account
- Official Taxation Obligations Compliance by the state of the legal entity’S establishment.
- Official Social Security Obligations Compliance by the state of the legal entity’s establishment.
- Official extract from the relevant registry, stating the absence of any criminal record of the persons that have powers of representation, decision or control over the legal entity of the selected beneficiary, and provided that it has been issued by an appropriate judicial or administrative authority of the member – state or the country of provenance or country of establishment of the legal entity. In cases of S.A. companies, the obligation to submit the above extract pertains also to the members of the administrative, management or supervisory body of that legal entity.
- Official certificates that they are not bankrupt, they are not subject to insolvency
proceedings, their assets are not being administered by a liquidator or by a court, nor are they in an arrangement with creditors will be issued by the competent Court of First Instance at the seat of the legal entity. The certificate that the legal entity has not been placed in a winding-up procedure by court order, shall be issued by the competent Court of First Instance of the seat of the legal entity and the certificate that it has notbeen placed in a winding up procedure by decision of the partners shall be issued by the GEMI, in accordance with the applicable provisions, as in effect.
- Official certificate for non-suspension of business activities of the legal entity, by the e- platform of the Independent Authority for Public Revenues.
3. Execution information
At the end of the contract preparation and negotiation phase, a sub-grant agreement will be signed between the TERMINET project, represented by its coordinator (UOWM), also acting as the budget holder, and the Beneficiary in representation of the Contracting Parties.
During project implementation, the selected Beneficiaries are expected to perform the following tasks and phases:
- Provide a detailed design of the project for revision and approval to the TERMINET consortium
- Implementation of the proposed project
- Provide a validation/test plan for approval by the TERMINET consortium
The deadline for the final report for a project is expected to be at least 4 months and maximum 6 months after the start of the project, and no later than the end of the 31st of October 2023. Please note that a later start may imply a shorter (than 4-6 months) project.
The selected applicants become beneficiaries of European Commission funding. As such, they are responsible for the proper use of the funding and comply with obligations under H2020 specific requirements as described in Horizon 2020 – the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (2014-2020).